This policy will be updated in line with changes to Legislation and our Business. Always refer to this website for the latest version.
- How we collect your data.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you.
- How we use your personal info.
- How long your data is stored for.
- Your rights to access and withdraw your personal data.
- Further Information and Complaints.
- How to contact the appropriate authority.
How we collect your data:
You directly provide our company with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Make a reservation online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
What personally identifiable information is collected from you:
We will only ever record personal data that is relevant and necessary to facilitate our business, this may include:
- Your Name, and the name of others in your group.
- Contact information including phone number, postal and email address.
- Any other information that you send to Hinch Distillery.
- Other volunteered demographic information such as preferences and interests.
- Cookies when visiting our website.
How we use your personal info:
Hinch Distillery will use the data you provide in the following ways:
- To improve and personalize your online experiences.
- Send you the products you purchase, along with abandoned checkout reminders.
- Contact you with specific queries regarding a recent purchase or upcoming booking.
- Help us provide aftersales support.
- Marketing (If you agree our company will add your email to our mailing list and send you communications regarding changes to our business, informing you about new products, promotions, events, and services we think you might like.
- To comply with Statutory duties.
How long your data is stored for:
In the interest of minimizing the amount of personal data we store, we will only ever keep it for as long as required e.g. to fulfill the sale, service and after sales support period.
If you’ve opted into receiving marketing updates, we will continue to store your information until you update your marketing preferences. (you can do this at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of one of our emails)
If you’ve made a purchase through our online store, we will retain your name, address and any other information associated with that sale for a minimum of 12 months or the shelf life of the product, or until the warranty or returns period has expired.
If you’ve visited our site for our Dining, Tour or Conference experience, we will keep your details for 90 days in the event that we need to contact you regarding your visit.
Information collected following a complaint, accident* or injury concerning our business will be stored indefinitely to assist us with business improvement or statutory duty.
*The Health and Safety Executive requires us to report some accidents under RIDDOR.
We will conduct annual reviews of personal data and cleanse what is no longer required.
Your rights to access and withdraw your personal data:
At any time, you may request details of your personal data currently held by us. Furthermore, you may at any time request that this data be erased from out records at any time. Hinch Distillery will complete this request within 30 days and inform you once complete.
You can opt out of receiving further emails from us by unsubscribing from our mailing list. You can do this at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of one of our emails.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Hinch Distillery will never share**, sell, or publish the personal data we collect from you, and will take all reasonable measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal data in our care.
All personally identifiable data is stored on secure servers, which are maintained in a secure environment.
Where we collect sensitive information from you such as credit card and payment info, this information is encrypted. Look for the padlock icon and ‘https’ on your browser that indicates our site is fully encrypted.
In line with GDPR, your data is only made accessible to employees who need it for legitimate business purposes, for example our accounts teams who will process orders and invoicing.
You will be contacted by us in the event of a loss of your personally identifiable data.
**The Hinch Distillery will continue to follow all new legislative and best practice guidance from the Public Health Authority regarding COVID-19. This includes sharing your contact information with Track and Trace services if requested, as well as any other statutory obligations.
Further Information and complaints regarding our use of your personal data:
For general enquiries and complaints, or if you would like to know more about how your specific personal data is used, please contact our Compliance Department:
By email: Matthew.email@example.com
By post: Compliance Dept, 19 Carryduff Road, Boardmills, Ballynahinch, Co.Down, BT27 6TZ, Northern Ireland
How to contact the appropriate authority
If you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF